5.19.2011

Family Room Update and Some Random Stuff

1.  The walls are white!  The trim is white!  The railing is black!  Yay!  I ended up choosing Benjamin Moore’s Moonlight White OC-125, and I love it!  Here’s a sneek peek of the family room… before and not-quite-after:

Obviously, there is still quite a bit of work to be done in the decorating department, but can you believe how much bigger and brighter the room looks?
2.  The chalk-board wall in my kitchen is frustrating the crap out of me.  I thought it would be awesome to use the magnetic primer (so that I could get the kid-art off my fridge), and I saw Nate use it and it worked really well on his show.  But… I’m on my 9th coat, and it’s still not strong enough to hold up a photo.  Nards.  After reading the directions, I realized that I’m spreading it too thin… but I really want a smooth finish because of the chalk-board wall… so hopefully after another 8 coats, it’ll be good to go.  I’ll keep you posted. 
3.  If any of you thought my ‘vagina-wall’ post this week was too much… then don’t read this post over at The Man Repeller.  But if you want to laugh out loud, then definitely go there.  I love that girl… funny funny stuff.
via
4.  I totally have a crush on Adam Levine thanks to the show “The Voice.”
via
5.  Lastly… I want to be cool enough to go to Blogfest in NY.  Just sayin.  Maybe next year. 
via

16 comments:

  1. Carissa, your room looks fabulous!!! And I too love the Man Repeller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks great! So much brighter and looks so fresh. Can't wait to see it all finished...

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking good!! i will be starting mine soon,oh the thought lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of using magnetic primer, hmmm...maybe not. As for your living room - fantastic! White is hard to choose, isn't it?
    As for going to Blogfest, I would love to go to, it looked like fun! Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room is looking great! And you are a DEDICATED lady to be doing so many coats of magnetic paint - here's hoping it's almost done! Maybe it's a magnet that's too heavy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh yes the white looks really great! So fresh!!

    Happy weekend lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The living room looks fantastic. I wouldn't recoginize! And thanks for the the good laugh the other day and today with the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. White room = happiness! Love where it's going!
    Missed the Vagina wall, but am going back toute suite to read ;)
    RE: Blogfest (aka schmoozefest) You're already too cool for that school.
    Happy Weekend, chica!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a huge difference the white makes...the room looks great Carissa!! I too am loving Adam on the Voice but I've always had a bit of a crush on him :) Thanks for introducing me to the Man Repeller - super funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOOKS FABULOUS! I have to stop by one day to see your living room!
    Can't wait to see the huge photo in there!!!!!!!!!
    btw, you made me lol with the link and the vaginas, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are cool enough! Let's meet there for sure. It's a serious goal of mine to go next year.

    Your room looks FANTASTIC! It really is amazing what a change changing moldings to white makes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your family room looks great. All your work is paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! loving your living room progress! the white walls look ridiculously fresh, and the chevron rug is just to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you found the perfect white! I'm so curious now about your post I missed, heading over to check it out now:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks amazing Carissa! So glad you like it - x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just found your blog and I am loving your posts - especially your humor! :) Maroon 5 came to Munich a couple of years ago and my husband surprised me with tickets - it was sooo good! I just signed up so I'll be back to enjoy more!!!

    http://bjdhausdesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts??? Thanks for taking time to comment!