1. The walls are white! The trim is white! The railing is black! Yay! I ended up choosing Benjamin Moore’s Moonlight White OC-125, and I love it! Here’s a sneek peek of the family room… before and not-quite-after:
Obviously, there is still quite a bit of work to be done in the decorating department, but can you believe how much bigger and brighter the room looks?
2. The chalk-board wall in my kitchen is frustrating the crap out of me. I thought it would be awesome to use the magnetic primer (so that I could get the kid-art off my fridge), and I saw Nate use it and it worked really well on his show. But… I’m on my 9th coat, and it’s still not strong enough to hold up a photo. Nards. After reading the directions, I realized that I’m spreading it too thin… but I really want a smooth finish because of the chalk-board wall… so hopefully after another 8 coats, it’ll be good to go. I’ll keep you posted.
3. If any of you thought my ‘vagina-wall’ post this week was too much… then don’t read this post over at The Man Repeller. But if you want to laugh out loud, then definitely go there. I love that girl… funny funny stuff.
4. I totally have a crush on Adam Levine thanks to the show “The Voice.”
5. Lastly… I want to be cool enough to go to Blogfest in NY. Just sayin. Maybe next year.