9.19.2011

Fall Trends: Style at Home

Style at Home has rounded up three top design trends for Fall 2011.  Here’s my take on them:
Trend #1.  Wood.
Let’s face it… we are all dying over fabulous herringbone wood floors these days. 
via
Sigh.  Since most of us probably won’t be getting anything like this any time soon, here are a few more accessible ways to add some wood into the decor this fall.  How about a fabulous diy project?
Wood Stained Paintings via Me Oh My!
via
Reclaimed Wood Headboard via House Tweaking
via
I adore that headboard!!!  
Trend #2. New Neutrals.
Specifically?  Taupe, sage, and lilac.  I have to admit that it took some serious Pinterest stalking before I really warmed up to these shades.  But, shocker, I’m now loving all three:
viavia
viavia
viavia
Trend #3: Modern Global.
I love this one.  The mix of bold patterns, colors, and textures are fantastic when done right.  I’d definitely like to add more of this trend to my home.  The African wax printed fabric that Jodi brought home for me would be perfect for some pillows.  I can also predict a vintage suzani in my future!
via
via
via
Whew!  That was a long post!  Are you still with me?  Are you introducing any of these trends into your home this fall?

13 comments:

  1. I love love love your post! The image are fabulous and a fantastic take on the Fall design trends! I had to stop scrolling when I saw the herringbone floors and that headboard - to. die. for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog always makes me so happy :) And call me a cliche, but I am one of those billions of women who would die to have herringbone all throughout my house! *sigh* one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab post! I'm definitely going to be incorporating the new neutrals into my spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would SO love herringbone floors! The wood art is cute and i love the modern global look. As for sage and lilac, I'm not feeling it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could get on board with all three - in my own, way 'course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. herringbone floors are at the top of my to-die-for list... interesting to see you loving sage, lilac, and taupe - you're such a neutral lover!! ps - love that Missoni bedding, I'm thinking of heading back for one of those cute little ceramic trays... must. stop. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of these! I think I need herringbone floors asap! I can't remember where, but someone layred herringbone wood pattern as a tabletop for a dining table... looooove it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd give my left arm for the herringbone floors - maybe the right too for that matter...also adoring neutrals with a hit of lavender/lilac...add a touch of pale coral to the mix and I'm in total love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, yes, and gimme some more! Wood is an all time favorite for me...a really beautiful wood grain is pretty much impossible to match in just completely beauty! Add in to the mix herringbone and some new fab neutrals to boot, and you will have people falling all over themselves to take a gander (c:

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's nothing more beautiful than a herringbone floor in a home. And I'm embracing lilac and orange, pops of these colours in the bedroom and in the living room respectively.
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  11. It feels weird, but I really like lilac...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would die for those floors - sadly ours are not in good shape! Love a bit of wood around the place too xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. dude. please allow me to wipe up the drool.....those are some great spaces!! the herringbone floors would be a dream! and i seriously love the new neutrals. makes for such a cozy room! ox

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts??? Thanks for taking time to comment!