11.17.2011

How to Style a Kid-Friendly Bar Cart

That title sounds so wrong.  Like the kids are going to be helping themselves to drinks from the bar cart or something.  But really… the bar cart does pose a bit of a kid-related challenge.  The main reason I wanted it was because I love the look of a well-styled bar cart.  But most of them involve pretty bottles of liquor.  And I don’t want booze out on display within the reach of little hands. 
So I needed to find a way to make the bar cart look fabulous without actually displaying any booze.  I started by gathering some key items:
1.  Fancy waters
2.  Variety of glass ware
5.  Martini shaker
6.  Bowl of lemons
7.  Fresh flowers
Here’s how it turned out:



14 comments:

  1. Ooooh, it looks fab! I'd love a bar cart, but I don't have a spot for it....plus my furballs would destroy it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! Like the bowl of lemons and flowers. And, yes ... I had a chuckle at the title of your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! LOVE your vintage looking bar cart!! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stylish bar cart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just brilliant! The reason I don't have a barcart is because I have teenagers in the house. Who know it could look so chic without the liquor? Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it sounded impossible, not just wrong, and you pulled it off! I do like it when they're older and you can bring back the wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally appropriate! And the bar cart itself is gorgeous...love how you've styled it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks perfect! And the picture above it completes the fab look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your kid friendly bar cart! And, it's so awesome to see the family heirlooms that made the final cut in the design, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks fantastic! And where did that picture on the wall come from? Love it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you totally nailed it. You really don't even notice that there's no booze. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My kids would play grocery store with it! However, I do love it and can't wait for your party!!! We will be babysitterless until the 12th of December FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks gorgeous and fancy! I love mine as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks so good! So stylish and very vintage too!
    Rachie xo

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts??? Thanks for taking time to comment!