12.09.2011

Our Mad Men Holiday Party

We decided to have a Mad Men theme for our little Christmas party this year.  I was worried that going with a theme might scare people off, but it was actually super fun.  Everyone dressed for 1962, and looked absolutely smashing! 
Check out my glasses… they are my Mom’s from when she was a teenager in the ‘60’s.
shot_1322964262761 shot_1322966590548
Cristin had the most awesome beehive!  She did it herself!

A bunch of random party pics:




There was some (fake) smoking:


We kept the snacks simple, and tried to make them 1962 appropriate.  I was bummed that my jello mold (mould?) didn’t set.  Oh well… the main focus was on the bar anyway…


One last thing… look how cool my Christmas decor looks through a retro filter!

12 comments:

  1. How fun! I love retro, vintage style and have always wanted to do a themed party but all my friends are bums and no one wants to do it. The retro filter does look great btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea for a party! Looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! You all look so good, I feel like I've stepped back in time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!!!! Everyone looks so good in these retro outfits- men look so handsome in suits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun! I just started watching Mad Men this year and love it. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like u all had a fab time, loving the cocktail mixes up on the chalk wall x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The theme worked so well! Good on you and your friends for jumping on that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun theme for a party! All your Christmas decorations and tree look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like SO much fun! I love a theme party and Mad Men would be my current theme of choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like fun and everyone looks so spiffy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally loving this theme - its totally fab and look so glam! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like it was a great party!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts??? Thanks for taking time to comment!