2.09.2012

Progress Report: Kitchen Demo

This has been a good kitchen week!

Gone:

- old backsplash

- the bulk head above the sink and peninsula

Still to Go:

- the florescent light fixture (I need to find new fixtures first!)

Some action shots:

I managed to tear down all of the tiles on my own.  As you can see… it damaged the wall.  A lot!!!  So I had to call in my Dad to help me out with replacing drywall and tearing down the bulk head. 

Last week / today:

It’s not as obvious in the photo as it is in person, but removing that bulk head really opened the room up.  It feels so much taller and lighter!

The next step is tile!  I’m excited!

9 comments:

  1. Yay for progress!! So exciting!! Once you get it started there is no stopping, right? :) Can't wait to see the tile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so inspiring! I have been wanting to tear down our pink, "terra-cotta-ish" kitchen backsplash for so long. Just wondering...where do you keep your microwave? Mine is huge and obnoxious and taking up counter-space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny that you ask... I have one of those hilarious 'microwave garages' build into my pantry... you can see it in this post: Oak-a-ramma!:

      Delete
  3. I'm excited too! Yay for you! That tile did take a lot of drywall with it. Wowzers. It's going to look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making it happen!! Terrific that you removed the bulkhead! What tile will you use for the new backsplash? Can't wait to see more progress pics!!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Progress progress!!! Way to go! I'm so excited for the makeover! xoxo elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Carissa! You are so brave to tackle that job on your own! I am not good with hammers....my thumbs tend to get in the way! You must be so excited for your new look! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. finally getting a chance to catch up on my fav blogs in between nappie changes and feeds lol, so excited to see your progress xx

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts??? Thanks for taking time to comment!