3.28.2012

Casa Carissa: My New Plant!

Remember in January, when I decided that I needed a big crazy tree for the corner of my living room?  Well the coolest thing happened.  Not long after I blogged about it, a friend sent me a note saying that she had a big plant that was outgrowing it’s space in her house, and if I wanted it I could adopt it!  Um… YES!!! 

I patiently waited for the weather to warm up… and it finally did (for a few days).  So I loaded it into my van, which was hilarious because Beckett’s head was completely surrounded by leaves (should have had a photo), and now here it is!

Isn’t it great!?!  I love how it adds some life to that corner of the room. 

A before / after:

 

10 comments:

  1. It's amazing what some greenery can do! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!!! I may need a plant for our house!!! xox Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it! really brings that corner of the room to life. what kind of plant is it, do you know? i might have to find one for my living room :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! The perfect addition to your space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it does fit absolutely perfectly in that corner! Maybe I need one now too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it does add some life doesn't it?? Love your curtains by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know a lot of people hate having house plants but it's amazing how much life it bring to that corner. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw! My lil tree looks so happy in your nice bright family room ;D @Libby, I think it's some type of umbrella tree? There are two different kinds, one with the big leaves like this one and another kind with smaller leaves that seems to be more popular. I like to think of my plants as little air filters during the winter months, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a huge fan of house plants. I love the feel they give a room. This is such a fabulous plant! I love seeing the before and after.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man I wish someone would let me adopt their big crazy plant!!! I'm dying for some big greenery!!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts??? Thanks for taking time to comment!